Friday, April 3, 2009

Nothing


The Oxford University Press puts out a series of books, each called A Very Short Introduction....to.......  There are about 200 volumes.  Each is the size of a very large cell phone and can easily fit into the back pocket of a pair of jeans.  Spacious jacket is also a bookmark.  Some of the titles I have read include very short introductions to Buddhism, Galaxies, Quantum Physics, Autism, Modern China, Memory, Chaos(that was a good one), Cosmology, The Crusades and Game Theory, to name a few.  I was going to hyper-link all of these but I am too lazy and it is 12:54AM.  The books used to cost $9.95, but with the current economic dyspepsia, they are now $11.95.

Here's the weird thing.  I just bought A Very Short Introduction to Nothing, and it immediately disappeared.  No kidding!  So the question is, was that what was supposed to happen, or should I keep looking, or should I just ask for my money back.  But then I wouldn't get Nothing.  But I might find Nothing too.

1 comments:

Emma said...

I read one of these but I remember nothing about it, not even the topic. Maybe it was A Very Short Introduction to Nothing too.